Friday, November 7, 2008

Custom Made Candles!


This is a brand new blog for me! Here I will be posting what I deem to be "beautiful things."
I hope you enjoy looking, as much as I have enjoyed creating!
This first picture is of a wedding gift I'm making for a dear friend of mine.
These are what I would like to call, " Couples Family Home Evening Candles." On the back are "ticks." Every week you are meant to burn the candle down to the next mark, or "tick." During the time the candle burns, you do something together as a couple. Along with this gift, I will be including ideas of things to do together.
To make this project I used white tissue paper,waxed paper, a craft heater, two white candles, a black ink pad, and two stamp sets copyright Close to my Heart. ( Soul Mates, and the Sept. 08 stamp of the month)
First you stamp the images you want onto the tissue paper and roughly cut around them. Then you place the "cut out images" on the candle where you want them. Next you wrap waxed paper around the candle to hold the tissue in place, hold it taut and heat the tissue onto the candle with a craft heater. You will see when the tissue is melted. Be careful to not heat it too long, or you will have a bumpy, melted candle!!! ( don't forget to remove the waxed paper and discard it afterward !! )

2 comments:

JaeJay said...

Those are really nice! Well done!

Anonymous said...

What a neat idea!